Agreement to full terms and conditions of business
Your Agreement to full terms and conditions of business with London Wheelchair Hire Ltd.
London Wheelchair Hire Ltd.. accept no liability for any incidents arising from the use or misuse of our Wheelchairs or Mobility Scooters or other supplied items. Each item is supplied with full safety instructions which are also available here. Please familiarise yourself with these before use. If there is any damage or defect then the item must not be used and we must be notified immediately on the number below. The hirer is responsible for loss of, or damage to, the hired items whilst in their possession regardless of cause. Repairs will be charged at cost (parts and labour). Replacement charge for a lost, stolen or non-returned item is currently at full retail price (in addition to rental charges paid). Lost cushions are charged at retail price. All prices subject to change.
- Cancellation after confirmation and payment (but before despatch) incurs a non-refundable administration charge of £25 – delivery, collection and accessory fees will be refunded.
- Cancellation after despatch will incur the minimum hire charge plus delivery charges. Cancellation after delivery will incur the minimum hire, delivery and collection charges.
- Amendment charge for time, date or location change is free, any additional rental fee or additional delivery/collection costs are fully chargeable.
- No refund for Urgent or Same Day bookings.
Extra charges for loss, damage or non-return
- On return the Wheelchair or Mobility Scooter or other supplied items should be ready for collection at the confirmed pick-up time. Extra charges will be made if any items are not available at the confirmed return time.
- All Wheelchairs and Mobility Scooters are inspected, serviced and cleaned before delivery. Fair wear and tear is not charged. Damage caused through negligent or improper use will be fully charged at cost of parts + labour or replacement.
- Replacement items are charged as follows per item: Cushions £30, Mobility Scooter keys £15, Mobility Scooter chargers £75, Footrests £45, Armrests £45, Elevating Leg Rests £60, Wheelchair wheels £60, all other items POA.
- Non-returned Wheelchairs or Mobility Scooters will be charged at full retail replacement cost (in addition to any hire fees, delivery and collection fees paid).
Our Manual Wheelchairs, Electric Wheelchairs and Mobility Scooters are delivered to you in a clean condition. They are not to be used as off-road vehicles and taken onto grass, sand or fields. If they are returned muddy, sandy or soiled, requiring an extensive clean, we reserve the right to charge a £25 cleaning fee. This forms part of our accepted terms and condition of hire and will be charged to the payment card of the hirer without notice. A receipt will be sent. To avoid a charge, please return all items in a clean condition.
- Once confirmed, any cancellation of an advance booking will incur an admin fee of £25. If the product has already been delivered there is no refund.
- Refund on early return of Wheelchairs or Mobility Scooters is possible on rentals subject to a minimum one week hire fee plus delivery and collection charges.
- NO refund for Urgent or Same Day bookings.
Extension of hire
Extension of the original confirmed hire period must be advised at least 24hrs before the return time. Any additional costs incurred by London Wheelchair Hire Ltd. in relation to pick-up or return of a wheelchair, other than those included in the booking confirmation, will be chargeable to the hirer.
Change of location
The delivery and return location can be changed up to 24 hours in advance. If the new location has a higher fee that will be charged to your card. If the new location has a lower fee then a refund of the difference will be made to your card.
No deposit required
Your credit/debit card will be used as a guarantee to the full replacement value of the Wheelchair or Mobility Scooter or other supplied items and any associated costs of recovery or extended rental. Should an item not be returned or if it is returned damaged a charge will be made with no further notice.
- Wheelchairs are permitted to be taken overseas and loaded onto planes.
- Mobility Scooters are NOT permitted to be taken overseas or loaded onto planes.
We do not offer insurance, however your home or travel insurance policy may offer you cover. Alternatively, this company may be able to assist you.
Repair and replacement
Should your Wheelchair or Mobility Scooter develop a fault, please stop using it immediately and contact us to arrange repair or replacement.